I have an Oppo DV981HD and have so far been unable to get a video signal through the Outlaw 990.

Background:Prior to purchase of the Outlaw 990 the Oppo was hooked directly to my Mitsubishi WD-62725 via HDMI cable, and audio by Toslink and 6-channel RCA cables to my Denon AVR-3200. All worked fine. My satellite box was hooked to the TV via composite connectors, audio via RCA.

Current configuration: The Oppo is hooked to the Outlaw 990 via HDMI-DVI cable to DVI-1, audio by Toslink. The satellite box is hooked via DVI-DVI cable to the Outlaw DVI-2, audio via Toslink to the Outlaw. DVI out from the Outlaw to the TV via DVI-HDMI cable to the HDMI connection on the TV.

Problem: With the Outlaw set to DVD I get audio but no video. With the Outlaw set to Sat TV, Satellite TV works fine, no problems. I have swapped both connections around with the same no video signal from the DVD, video from satellite TV is fine.

Double checked to make sure DVD is assigned DVI-1 and SAT TV assigned to DVI-2. SAT TV works fine. I get no video signal from the Oppo DVD player, only audio.

Retested Oppo player by connecting directly to the TV via HDMI and it works perfectly. Tested HDMI-DVI cable by using satellite receiver. Works perfectly. Made sure Oppo and TV are both set at 720P. I still get no video signal...only audio.

Updated firmware to 3.11. Reset the outlaw to factory defaults. Still get no video signal.

Contacted both Oppo and Outlaw service, they recommended that I check everything outlined above.

Video Inputs:
DVD DVI 1
Sat TV (Video 2) DVI 2
TV (Video 1) not connected to Outlaw

It must be something very obvious I am overlooking...help confused frown !

Outlaw 976 (990 retired, works great), (2) McIntosh MC-250, McIntosh MC-275 MKIV, McIntosh MC-2100, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Oppo DV-981HD and BDP-95, Toshiba HD-A2, Klipschorn's, LaScala's, (3) Heresy's, SVS PB12 plus/2