I'd be a little suspicious of the center speaker's tweeter, but there's one other test that's probably worth trying (not sure if you've already tried it or not).
Quote:
While the BiWire cable was connected to the speaker, I disconnected the "low frequency" red&back cables; this only left the "high frequency" connected.
After I did this, I listened to the tweeter on the CC6, and I could hardly hear anything. So I thought either the tweeter or crossover on the CC6 went bad.
Then I decided to hook the BiWire "low frequency" cables up again, but this time I placed the binding-post connector on the back of the CC6 (this is used when you don't have BiWire cables).
After I did that, there was sound coming from the tweeter, but still did not sound as clear as it should.
Have yout tried using the "high frequency" set of cables only and connecting them to the low frequency binding posts? I'd be curious to see if you still hear anything (with and without the jumpers). If there's something amiss with the cable (such as a weak connection at one of the terminations), you'll need to get that fixed before you do anything else.