Auto setup only adjusts the speaker size, channel calibration, and delay (distance) settings - I'm not sure if it adjusts the crossover points or not, since I set them manually anyway.

To determine bass management settings, we need to know what speakers you have. I see from some other posts that you have a HSU subwoofer, so we know that having the sub engaged is the right choice. The crossovers may be able to be adjusted down, but the optimal setting depends on the frequency response of your speakers.

If you use Pro Logic II/IIx in Music mode, the Panorama, Center Width, and Dimension settings are applicable, but with no surrounds I doubt they'll be of much use to you. For any other processing mode, those settings aren't applicable anyway.

On the System Config menu, I set my Volume Default to Default and my Default Volume Setting to -35dB. This has nothing to do with sonic performance, but it guarantees that I never get my ears blasted when turning the system on: it always starts at a comfortable volume for watching TV.

Let us know what speakers you have and we can try to dial in those crossover settings.