Quote:
Originally posted by delius:
Okay perfesser. Speaking of simple & basic, I've always wanted to know something: that "electromagnetizm" you speaketh of.... how does it work? Ya know... like... what causes EM forces? Sure, we know they're there but... what creates the energy? Why is the strength of an EM field what it is? Why does it decrease with the square of the distance from the charge? Why do the fields of multiple charges add the way they do? Or why is the field of a point charge radial? Oh. And in your treatise of how EM fields work, try not to fall in love with your own words and go over 200. Thanks, knew ya could! laugh
It's called Maxwell's equations, and it's quite simple. It's a natural consequence of the properties of a conservative field with the observation that there are (a) electric charges and (b) no magnetic charges. If you ask a specific question, I can give you a more concise answer.

Oh, I also understand quantum mechanics, in case you try to pull that canard.

By the way, I like how user gonk, who in his long tenure here has helped more listeners than you could ever hope to insult, actually tried your drek -- and you write 2900 words excoriating him for it. Nice.

I don't know about you, but I actually enjoy my system. Yours only seems to make you angry. I observe this with my own eyes, so obviously it's 100% real. Is that a side-effect of all that Belt nonsense, perhaps?