I regularly use my system to play mp3's off my laptop or even my iPod Video. I'm still experimenting with using a PC to play CD files. I have most of my CD's copied to a pair of 250GB hard drives. The laptop holds the mp3's. Yes, everything is backed up. Ripping all those discs was a lot of work! I'm looking into the Logitech wireless music system as the simplest way to get the CD music files from my desktop in the upstairs office down to the 990 in the living room.

No doubt the Golden Eared listeners would criticize this setup, claiming only the original CD played on a high end CD player could possibly produce the purest music. Listening to anything else would be heresy.

While puttering around the house or when having company for the evening there's nothing like having a nice playlist going for several hours with no attention from me. Music is, after all, entertainment. A PC or an iPod can do a wonderful job of orchestrating that entertainment. And if someone has a special request that PC can find the song and get it playing quick as a wink. No fumbling around with CD's. Gotta love it!

What is your sub trim issue? Maybe gonk will find this thread.
Outlaw 990; Carver TFM45 (mains); Carver TFM35 (surrounds); Carver TFM24 (bridged for center); Carver TFM15CB (rears); Acoustic Research AR9 mains; Polk CS400I center; Polk FX500I surrounds; Polk FX300I rears; Sony KDS-60A2000; Oppo DV-981HD; MX-850