Well, that'll teach me to post while I'm on the road. I returned home to find my 990 waiting by my doorr. That's strange that your contact info was off, Scott - I've corresponded with Steve in Tech Support several times without incident.

Apparently, a part in the power supply of my unit was malfunctioning (I believe it was a thermistor). I just set everything up again last night, recalibrated, and my unit is now working perfectly! The total time from ship-out to return was just under 4 weeks - so Outlaw beat their own warranty agreement (which stipulates 4-6 weeks as the typical cycle time for repair work).

While the failure of the unit was very frustrating, I have to commend Outlaw on standing behind their warranty, and for turning around the repair of my unit so quickly. Specifically, Steve was extremely helpful and patient in working with me to get my unit repaired and returned. Well done, Outlaw!!

Earwit and jrlouie, I hope your units are repaired and returned in the very near future as well. Let me know when you've received them.