I'm still waiting to hear back from Outlaw. They've had my unit for over a week now. It's very interesting to me to hear that others are starting to have the same problems. When I have some news (which, Outlaw, I'm definitely waiting for), I'll let you all know. This is very frustrating.

Regarding some of your questions, I had the old firmware operating when I encountered these difficulties. I installed the new firmware, hoping that my problems were due to a corrupt system OS. No luck (although, according to the installer program, the firmware was installed successfully). As I mentioned, I even tried replacing the fuse - no luck.

Earwit and jrlouie, I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering the same problem. Your problems sound identical to mine - just to be clear, are you getting anything at all on the display screen? Or does it always remain blank? I'd also be interested to know if you were running the latest firmware when the problem happened, or the older firmware. But given that the firmware upgrade did nothing for the problem, this seems hardware related.

I received my unit in August 2005, from Outlaw.