bestbang4thebuck wrote:

Quote:
While I do scan the lengthy posts of delious, I find more interest in most of the responses of the forum members with experience and reasoning still accepting of the derided Newtonian Physics (NP).
Brilliant observation. Now just exactly who here is deriding Newtonian physics? Or is it too confusing for you to believe that there could be more than one law of physics that applies to our reality?

Quote:
By the way I interpret what delious writes, the theories do not seem to be based on true Quantum Mechanics (QM) or Quantum Physics (QP) as accepted by (also derided) "mainstream science' (I've read in those areas), but strays more into areas that might be more accurately labeled Metaphysics (MP).
Quantum Physics and Quantum Mechanics are studies of the same phenomenon, so its not an either/or equasion. The science behind QM is more concrete and easy to establish than even Newtonian physics and has been accepted by the physics community, so I don't see where you get the idea that it is or should be derided by the scientific community. Perhaps you meant the "scientific commnunity" on this audio forum?

At any rate, it is NOT accurate to label Beltism under the Metaphysics tag (and trust me, you're not the first...), whether you are using the classical meaning of metaphysics, or the more popular one. In no way shape or form did I ever say it was, so your interpretations of my words are coming from your own volatile imagination, and not to be relied upon as factual. Beltist phenomenon is in theory, as I interpret it, very much grounded in physical reality; more specifically, the nature of objects around us and the nature of our brain (wrt biological theory).

Quote:
When a violin string is excited into resonance, there's a whole lot of NP going on. When the resulting acoustic energy radiates to an interpretive device that creates a record of the vibrations received, there's a whole lot of NP going on. When electrical energy directly or indirectly causes an admittedly imperfect recreation of the original acoustic energy, there's a whole lot of NP going on. When my ears interpret either the original or the re-created acoustic energy, there's a whole lot of NP going on.
True, and there's also a whole lot of OTHER things going on, too, which have nothing to do with NP, and more to do with QP (as I interpret it). I'm referring to the fact that there is far more processing by the brain on what your ears interpret than you realize, which has nothing to do with the acoustical pressure waves. In fact, there are all KINDS of factors that affect our "interpretation" of sound, particularly music, that go beyond the oversimplified process you just described. If there weren't, everyone would have exactly the same experience listening to exactly the same system. Tests reveal that not to be the case. What the Belt products purport to do, is change the way we interpret our environment, which affects the way we interpret sound.

Quote:
By the way, there are measurement instruments that will allow an analysis of acoustic events more accurately than our psycho-acoustic, bio-electrical interpretive systems can.
You seem to have a habit of making statements that already established and not under argument, so I have a hard time understand what point you're trying to make here. For example, I can just as easily point out that there are a myriad of things that human ears can detect not detectable by measurment instruments. But where does that get us?

Quote:
Those that can hear or affect music wholly or partly outside of NP are listening to
something that Outlaw gear is not designed to help reproduce.
What, pray tell, is "Outlaw gear"? Is it meant to reproduce audio or video? Then it can help to reproduce phenomenon that falls outside of NP. And all of those who can hear it or see its video display can hear or affect this phenomenon. I've even created a website to allow people to do that. That way, they don't have to blindly listen to and believe people who would talk about phenomenon they know nothing about and have no experience with. Unlike you, I'm not pretending to be an expert on "Outlaw gear", to where I'm on a forum telling the world whether its valid or not.

Now if I was like you, and all others in this thread, then I'd be trashing "Outlaw Gear" (even though I've never tried it in my life or even seen what it looks like). I'd be telling people not to buy it, and I'd be calling Outlaw a criminal and a fraud and a scammer and a rip-off artist, who makes a sad statement on our precious society by selling "Outlaw Gear" (which I don't know anything about, remember). I'd be basing all of my "opinions" (if we can call it that) on sh*t that I pull out of my ever-lovin' arse. That's what I'd be doing if I was like the rest of the members here on this Outlaw Gear forum. Fortunately for you and Outlaw, I'm not. I'm a reasonable, honest and civil person who does not make stupid, groundless libelous claims against audio manufacturers and call members "scammers" and "shills" without any evidence of such, like I've seen the rest of you do here.

Quote:
If I were deciding where to spend $500, I'd install acoustic treatments in my current room, not clocks, foils or creams.
Well that's a SHOCKER. Somehow, I figured you for a "foil and cream guy". Again, I don't understand your need to make pointless and obvious statements. What's your point, why are you taking our time? To say "Newtonian Physics Rocks!"? Because you're simply repeating the same thing everyone else is. What you're not telling us, is why that you don't think that $500 would be better invested in clocks, creams and foils. Because I think it would be. Reason being, you can shuffle speakers around and tack egg crates to all your walls and that still would resolve the NON-Newtonian physics problems that are at the core of preventing you from hearing all that your present system is capable of. If you wont' even acknowledge those problems by researching it, how do you KNOW that your $500 is more wisely invested in that which you already know? You can not assure us that your decision is the wisest, since you're not even aware of the other physics problems that block our paths to nirvana.

Quote:
If I where to spend $1000's beyond that, I'd remove the passive crossovers from some or all of my loudspeakers and go with custom active crossovers ahead of the amplification.
Brilliant. Introduce more toys to pollute the signal! Geez, I believe even Linn abandoned that idea! Now under that scenario, you have the same Beltist problems with your audio, but you've increased the NP ones. It never ceases to amaze me how the greatest influence on our audio systems, and the greatest impairment to acheiving TRUE improvements to our sound, is our belief systems.

That's why I think non-audiophiles know more about good sound than audiophiles. Because they haven't yet concluded they know everything.

Quote:
I'd have to run out of a whole lot of known, verifiable electronic and NP based improvements before I would venture into any so-called "quantum' or metaphysical treatments.
Funny! You'd run out of money before that happens! You really don't get it, but I find that quaint (in a kind of "cutesy ignorant baby" sort of way), and I don't blame you. Because to me, you're an "audio baby". Like most rigid thinkers in this 'business', you go with what doesn't frighten you, with what you know. When you get to where I am in audio, you realize that you could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on your so-called "verifiable electronic and NP based improvements", and still never attain the kinds of improvements possibly via Beltist means. Because you've never addressed the Beltist problems that we all have to live with. You never realize how unnatural your "NP sound" is, until you apply Belt treatments, and hear what you've been living with all your life. Then, when you have enough knowledge of "the Belt sound", "NP systems" tend to sound "harsh and unnatural" to you. No matter if you have a zillion active xovers in the system, with octawiring in place and 1300 power conditioners, all daisy chained back to the hydro plant. And btw, I used to have an active system way back in the 80's, monoblocks, and other such gadgetry.... I've since "downgraded" to a single int. amp. Without a balance control....

Quote:
(The name's not 'dubiousbang4thebuck.')
Neither is mine "Delious"...