Quote:
What ignorant morons who condemn Belt products can't even get their heads around, is the fact that none of these products work on the signal chain. Nor can they, in any possible way. And when the IM's (ignorant morons) hear Belt claiming they work on the "perception of the listener"
And then...
Quote:
They were just talking about audio products they believed in.
If they don't work on the signal chain, but on perception of the listener, they're not audio products. They're psychological stimuli.
Quote:
I can however, tell you one of those mods, that you can apply to your own digital clock in your listening room. Advance the time by 99 minutes. Can that alone affect sound, despite all the other clock mods missing? I think it can. But that little tweak is probably not something anyone I've seen here would be able to perceive. Let alone believe. And having a strong enough disbelief in a phenomenon is enough to install a reverse placebo effect on yourself.
And conversely, having a belief in a phenomenon is enough to install a placebo effect. If a difference is audible and perceptible, enough people in any test group would hear it, no matter what their beliefs are.
Quote:
Or maybe I can put that another way and say that my experiments with the Beltist side of QM has shown that all Belt phenomena is "measurable and verifiable".....It just isn't measurable and verifiable with mechnical/electronic test instruments. It requires a good pair of ears.
Except that "a good pair of ears" isn't a measurable or verifiable instrument, especially considering that
Quote:
The human ear for one, is far more sensitive than the best test instruments today,
so we'll all just have to take the listener's word for it.
Quote:
Belt products don't change "highs/mids & lows". They produce changes across the board, and not in the freq. spectrum per se.
How would you know the changes are "across the board", if you can't measure them?

You've set yourself up with a nice position, delius: these products you so love have effects that cannot be measured or identified, you claim that there are no tests that adequately isolate their effects, and not all people will be able to perceive them, especially if they don't believe in them. Easy to claim, impossible to prove, and impossible to refute. If someone perceives a difference, it's the Belt effect. If not, they're ignorant morons.