Quote:
I don't want to get you people more paranoid than you already are, because you're already "scary-paranoid", but just think about how many people in your life are "marketing you"? Your best friend tells you how great the meal was at Red Lobster last night. Well, those meals cost money, so he is "marketing you". Nothing more, nothing less. Your mother calls to tell you that she loves using her new excercise bike. Well, she's talking about a "product", and excercise bikes cost money. Be careful! Your mother is "marketing you". And don't read any audio magazines or walk into a hifi shop. Those are dens of "marketing". I suppose that leaves places like eBay or Audiogon with which to buy your audio junk. But have you read those ads? Those ads are PURE MARKETING, my friend. It seems like all they want to do is SELL you something.
You're absolutely right. They are trying to sell me something. But what they aren't doing is posting about it on another manufacturer's forum. Also, they can tell me why they enjoy the product and I'll trust their opinion since they are not using psuedo-science to call me an idiot for not believing their product works.