Quote:
Originally posted by loopy:
Maybe we are all sheep, sheep looking for good sound for not a lot of money.
Maybe, but that's not what I meant by "sheep". I look for good sound too, for not a lot of money. And that's precisely what I find in Belt's products (which are not all cheap per se, but a lot cheaper than replacing components, and a lot more effective than upgrades). I'm not "sheep" though. The difference is, I don't allow people like "Sluggo" to tell me what is and isn't valid, in audio. I have enough confidence to use my own ears. Both you and Jason say that all of you here are looking for good sound. Yet, when HFSG, and even a guy named "GoodSound"! mentioned products that yield "good sound", products which cost you -nothing- in the end if they don't produce "good sound", you all roasted the f$%#ers on a spit. You trolled them to no end, insulted them to the heavens, and violently accused them of being frauds and scammers.

Think about what that says about you and your buds here. Think about how it makes you people look to others on the net. When I was searching the web for pics of the RF foil and came across a message from the thread in this forum and started to read the thread, I saw "sheep". Little fluffy "sheep" that don't think for themselves, and got VERY scared and paranoid when challenged to think, and consider views of the world that differed from what they were brainwashed to believe all their lives. And so you beat up the messenger. FACT: You're ALL rigid thinkers, and won't ever find truly "good sound" in your lives, with your narrow minded attitudes.

And if you're going to continue saying I'm wrong, here's another FACT: Not a single one of you has proven the science behind those products to be false, and not a single one of you has been brave enough to debate me on that. Even after I challenged everyone who beat up on HFSG and GoodSound in this thread, to do so. The closest I got, was having your "Sluggo" complain to me about me saying that in several hundred messages, no one here showed they were capable of having an intelligent debate on the subject of these products. And when I tried to have an intelligent debate with the troll, he bitched about his brain hurting from seeing too many words in my post, and my words competing with the complexity of a white paper.

Now how do you think THAT makes you people look to others on the net? Let's review the facts, shall we?: One guy says he tried the CLC clock and it works. He advocates that others try it. He explains you have money back guarantees if you don't think it works. All you redneck audio dilettantes pile ridicule and mockery on top of him. He sweats it off, never makes any personal attacks, and continues to encourage people to consider such products. You continue pumelling him with insults and then you get even uglier, with accusations of trolling, shilling, marketing and fraudulence. When he tries to explain how it works, instead of trying to refute it, never mind trying to understand it, Sluggo et al. heap on more ridicule, and denigration with comparisons to Scientology. So what have we seen here in this ode to ignorance called "Clever Little Clocks"? Backwoods rednecks with audio systems (presumably...), greatly threatened by the mere discussion of a tiny teeny eensy weensy little travel alarm clock. They have no inkling how it works, and when an attempt is made to explain it, they won't and even CAN'T understand it. They refuse to "believe" it, or even refute it.

Quote:
by the way my faher worked for Bose in 1970, and worked on the 501's,and was an sound engineer at 3 local radio stations,played drums in a band had a home recording studio in 1968,I myself have worked in a small recording studio have been a soundman for a band and play some guitar,My dad was also somewhat of a tweaker who built a Quadraphonic home systemin the early seventys,I may not be an engineer but having been around music all my life I try to get the most for my money,and you Delius started this,people were poking fun at HFSG, and if I read it correctly the guy selling the CLC was rude to someone who asked about them.
No, I didn't start this. HFSG started this. I'm just finishing it. I want to show the world what the face of audio ignorance really looks like. You can consider that I'm making a statement about how people in our society today are ruled by fear, paranoia, hate (yes, "ridicule" is a form of hate), and ignorance. And when challenged to "think" by those with more knowledge and authority than them, they run and hide under their beds and scribble out Cliff Notes. Bite your ankle when you pass by....

By the way, I read that stuff on Audiogon about the CLC. Geoff was rude to the guy asking about them, because the guy asking about them was rude to Geoff. I would have done the same. It appears Geoff doesn't want to publicize his theories behind the clock. Why? Because of the sort of idiots and morons we find on forums like this, who's only purpose in life it seems, is to mock and ridicule that which they don't understand and show the world what ignorant morons look like. Kaitt got a faceful of that on AA, when he tried to expound on the theories behind another one of his products.

Obviously, he didn't think it helped to have people infinitely stupider than he is, mischaracterize his theories. And he wasn't going to be there on the spot to refute it every time someone did. So it appears he decided to just let the testimonials on the clock do the marketing. And what he told Audioaril on the phone about the theories was told in confidence. Audioaril not only publicized the information, but used it to mock Kaitt's clock. Kaitt then said he had learned not to ever say anything to Audioaril in confidence again.
Now tell me brightlight, how many audio engineers do you know who will even answer the damn phone and explain to you in person how their products work? There are too many people like those on this forum in this thread, who are too nasty, uncivilized, dumb and ignorant to do anything but mock and ridicule that which they don't understand.

Which brings us finally, to HFSG. Who started this, not me. You say people were "poking fun at him". And yet, you or someone else told me that people on this forum are civilized and "polite". Not "chest beaters with attitude", like on other audio forums. Clear, unadulterated bullsh*t. HFSG and GoodSound were always polite, and all they did was advocate audio products they personally used (who's companies they were not affiliated with). Yet they were called shills, frauds, scammers, trolls, and everything but "murderers". And you people never stopped attacking them for several hundred messages. Here's what one of you geniuses wrote about HFSG being a "shill" and Kaitt being a rip-off artist, without providing a single shred of evidence for such libelous claims and personal insults to members of this forum:

Ritz says:

Quote:
Ah...good detective work, Gonk. So we really do have a (not so) Clever Little Shill on our hands...

There is so much opportunity in this world that it just amazes me when people go FAR out of their way to rip people off when it would actually be easier to just earn an honest living. A sad commentary on human nature, I suppose...
This kind of vile groundless libel and villification of your fellow members and audiophiles arising from sheer stupidity and ignorance is a sad commentary on human nature. And the commentary you people continue to make about yourselves has become even sadder, since I planted my wagon.