Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
Delius,

There's a place on the web for "tweakers" like yourself:

www.audioasylum.com
Those are Newtonian tweakers. Boring. Their heads are still stuck in the 18th century. THey shuffle speakers around and declare that "tweaking". And besides, I don't consider the PWB products "tweaks". It's a demeaning for the revolutionary products they are. They are "devices". Say it after me: "d-e-v-i-c-e-s".

Quote:
I'll say it again; you, HFSG, and Goodsound are marketing a product to people reading this forum. All of your posts are nothing more than an arguement trying to convince a person reading the thread that the CLC and other such products have a place in their system. Since these products cost money, that is marketing. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sweet mother Mary. And you guys wonder why I keep calling you idiots and morons? If you are correct, and you're a billion light years from being correct, then you've just made it impossible to talk about audio on an audio forum. Congratulations! We ALL go home. Because anyone that talks about ANY audio product, say they write about how much they love their Carver receiver, is "marketing" according to you.

I don't want to get you people more paranoid than you already are, because you're already "scary-paranoid", but just think about how many people in your life are "marketing you"? Your best friend tells you how great the meal was at Red Lobster last night. Well, those meals cost money, so he is "marketing you". Nothing more, nothing less. Your mother calls to tell you that she loves using her new excercise bike. Well, she's talking about a "product", and excercise bikes cost money. Be careful! Your mother is "marketing you". And don't read any audio magazines or walk into a hifi shop. Those are dens of "marketing". I suppose that leaves places like eBay or Audiogon with which to buy your audio junk. But have you read those ads? Those ads are PURE MARKETING, my friend. It seems like all they want to do is SELL you something.

As for me, you're confused. I'm the only person in the history of this forum you -can't- accuse of "marketing". That's because the only "product" I personally "peddled", is the one on the website I listed. And its a free means of allowing audiophiles to improve their audio system. So I'm less of a marketer than you are, Jason. You sent me to Audio Asylum, and its obvious why. It has sponsors which sell products. Products cost money, therefore, you're "marketing me". STOP MARKETING ME! I won't buy your crap, crap-marketer!

Quote:
Have fun with your system. If your "tweaks" help you find audio nirvana, congratulations. You've reached a place that most of us are still searching for.
True dat. And one of the reasons I talk about my alternative audio products is to give (serious) audiophiles a place to go, so they can -stop- searching. I don't know if one ever really reaches "nirvana". But I've definitely found the path to the place.

Quote:
P.S. Audio Technology reading for you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_quality_measurement [/QB]
Uh.... your point, Mr. Relevant? I don't think anyone here said that you can't possibly measure certain (limited) aspects of audio equipment via technical means. Its kind of like having a nurse take your pulse. It'll tell you whether you're alive or not, but it won't give you an extensive indication of what your medical condition is.