Welcome to the saloon, delius. As you may or may not have noted, we do our best not to impose rules here - as long as things stay reasonably civil, folks don't get banned and threads don't get locked or deleted. This thread is about as "un-civil" as we get, and we've reached the eighth page without restrictions on free speech, without calls for closing the thread (aside from a few folks who simply got tired of the notion of the products in question), and without anybody getting banned. We don't play "no rules" but we do stick to the small pool of rules that our hosts have set out for us. If you find it necessary to resort to personal attacks and insults while chewing us up before breakfast, that would violate one of the only rules our hosts had - we can't help that. If you are interested in debating the technical or scientific merits (and limitations) of devices like the CLC, then we can talk until and even beyond breakfast if you like.
Quote:
That is to say, if you're not going to actually LISTEN to the products you sweepingly dismiss, mock and ridicule, or claim to be fraudulent, then PROVE that you are right. Or prove the theories wrong. Now how many of you fools think you understand quantum mechanics that well?
I know precious little about quantum mechanics, quantum physics, or the more "exotic" sciences - I know how to design systems to push air and water around, shuffle heat back and forth, and apply basic principles of engineering. As soon as the makers of the Clever Little Clock pick a single, specific, science-based explanation for how it works, I'll be sure to read up and if necessary pick the brains of a few extremely bright acquaintances (such as a particle physicist at Stanford's accelerator and the internationally-published mathmatician that my wife calls "dad") before setting out to debunk their explanation. In the meanwhile, I'm afraid that not even calling me a "supremely ignorant twit" will convince me to spend $200+ or my limited free time on testing a battery powered clock whose mere presence in my house or car will alter my perception of reality.