Quote:
Originally posted by painttoad:
well,i decided to try some xperimenting.i figured since i have 7 audio only components,i would put $1.26 (3 stacks of 6 pennies time 7) on my extra shelf,right in the middle.sounded great!moved the money to the front of the shelf and i lost depth in the soundstage.moved to the rear of the shelf and i got a incredibly deep soundstage.WOW!i decided to put a $10 bill about 2/3 of the way back on the shelf,just about perfect.since all was going so well,i decided 1 more:i took the $10 bill to the beer store,grabbed a 12 pack,had them leave the $10 in the drawer.they kindly gave me back .40 which i promptly put 2/3 of the way back on the shelf when i got home.

it took awhile,but after about 10 beers i realized how AWESOME my system sounded!

so the .86 i "saved" by altering hfsg 'tweak' can go back to the piggy bank for my cable elevators. but now i have to drink a 12 pack everytime i listen to the system.oh well,was gonna do that anyway. :p (wonder how good it would sound with a bottle of captain morgan)...
I suppose you forgot to try putting a beer on the rack, Hmmmmmmmmmm??