Sigh... I've tried not to say much in this thread, but I think I'm going to have to give in and post one more time...

Quote:
what they mean by that is, if you have a garage in your house the effects will be too strong if you put the clocks in your car there.
That's not the way their statement reads to me - they specifically mention the garage just a moment before saying not to put it in the car. Of course, the whole concept of the clock is so utterly silly that arguing semantics is like debating whether or not to lock the door to your cabin on the Titanic - whatever the outcome of the discussion, the whole mess is going straight to the bottom of the ocean.

Locking the thread is tempting, but I don't know that the discussion has technically violated any forum rules (and for that, I should pause to commend all of the gunslingers for keeping our posts remarkably light-hearted and well-behaved - it wouldn't be hard to imagine the thread sinking to a pretty nasty level). A part of me sincerely wants to believe that HFSG is just a guy who is very pleased with his clocks and is remarkably determined to pass that along to others, although his determination could also all too easily be equated to guerilla marketing (similar to what was reported at Penny Arcade a couple times recently ). But without proof of some sort of guerilla marketing, the best approach is probably to shrug, shake our heads, and drive on past the train wreck that is the Crazy Little Clock.