Podboy,

I bought the AVP7 knowing no updates would be avaiable (unless the Sherwood ones in the future will apply) and got it new for the price of a 970. The nice thing is BA/Sherwood got many things right from the get-go. The 990 is a fine unit and I am not bashing its performance by any means, but bass is harder than any other unit I have had to get dialed in properly.

I just thought we would get something worth waiting for. I did not suffer from the bass managment issues most did due to having my L/R set to large and the sub set to LFE only. The upgrade should have brought more to the table in my opinion such as different channel level settings for different inputs, .5dB adjustments, etc.

There are things, of course, I wish were different with the AVP7 as well (the display is hard to read for example), but I have never found a processor in my price range that I have said "Wow, this has every single feature I want!" On a sonic performance level, the two units are peers. Keeping the AVP7 will just end up costing me less.

Regards,