I am happy that some of you are happy, but my reaction was pretty much a letdown. Forums would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything! The upgrade does fix some minor annoyances for some, but I found it disappointing especially considering how long it took. I have had my 990 for a year, since the first batch. Don't get me wrong, on balance I am still very happy that I bought it and that still have it. They listed 4 sets of improvements, and this is how I understand them. If I am wrong please set me straight and make me even happier.

1. Lip Sync control from front panel. I have never had any problems with lip sync, but then I have an RPTV, not a projector. I am happy for those who need it.

2. Improved bass management matrix. This raised my hopes the most when I first read it, but turned out to be the biggest disappointment. I think all it means they provide tables that now clearly explain the way the 990 has behaved all along -- and that I had figured out with a lot of useful info from this forum and the wonderful Outlaw customer support. For me the 990 still unfortunately passes summed L+R output to the sub in 2-ch BYPASS and one still cannot get a 7.1 direct analog bypass unless one reconfigures all speakers to LARGE.
Rant: Basically if you have a sub and have to use the 990's otherwise great digital processing for some sources (cable box, VCR, and DTS) and prefer to use it for others (DD5.1 and UPSAMPLE for CDs), you cannot make practical use of the otherwise equally great 990 analog electronics for other analog sources (Phono, SACD, DVD-A, future HD-audio) w/o the extra A/D-D/A. The only way to do this is to set your speakers to LARGE/LFE-only, which bypasses digital processing altogether for all sources. [Yes, why can't I have everything, when the 990 is so close to delivering it all!]

3. Ability to name audio inputs. The 990 already had names for all the devices I had or can imagine getting in the foreseeable future, plus you can't change them on the remote anyway.

4. Subwoofer trim and AM stations above 1190. If anyone knows, I would appreciate an explanation of what was fixed in the subwoofer trim. With help from Steve in Outlaw support, I eventually figured out what the 990 did before and got all my settings to be reasonable for all sources. Although I hardly ever listen to FM (except in the car), or to AM even less, fixing the AM station tuning bug is quite reasonable. Changing the Stereo and Surround mode buttons to show the current mode first was the only minor annoyance worth addressing that I would even notice....though I had gotten used to hitting the buttons a few times.