First, assuming that you are a careful person, “It ain’t gonna hurt to try it.”

But from my experience, there are several reasons why it might not work so well. On one hand there is the area already being discussed, the electrical signal path with potential impedance issues and poorly behaved crossover interactions, to name just two of the electrical issues.

On the other hand are some acoustic issues. Is the behavior of the disparate drivers going to ‘muddy’ the sound in the upper low, middle and high frequencies? Without getting into descriptions of the physics of acoustic propagation, ask yourself, do loudspeaker manufacturers construct systems where multiple drivers at the same location use uncorrelated crossover points and have multiple drivers responsible for the same regions of intelligibility haphazardly placed in relation to one another? I have some small experience with multiple cabinet and driver systems and know that the coordination of crossovers and driver placement is critical to maintain intelligibility and clarity.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade or be critical, I just saying that while you may find increases in acoustic output for certain locations in the listening area, you may find that the clarity suffers. Let us know how it turns out for you.