Hi Doug, a couple of things to try:

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug917:
I am considering biamping my two front channels (Klipsch RF-25 speakers).
I've been unimpressed with the results of passive bi-amping, so don't expect much -- but it costs almost nothing to try. You may decide differently. One Outlaw amp does pretty well on its own, so there's not much more to gain adding a second without altering the speaker, in my opinion.

Quote:
I am also considering sitting the bookshelf units on top of the floorstanders and using one amp channel to power the three 6" drivers (2 from the RF-25, one from the RB-25) and one amp channel to power the horns (one horn in each of the speakers).
Without knowing more about the speakers, I would be careful with this. If the net impedance of the drivers is different between the two speakers, connecting them in parallel to a single amp channel could do more harm than good. If the RB-25 drivers are lower impedance than the RF-25, it will mean most of your power is routed to the RB-25, which probably sounds worse out of the two. Even if the drivers are the same, the internal crossovers and cabinet geometry can change the total impedance. You can also strain the amplifier if the total impedance is too low. If you go this route, test it with low signal levels and a sound meter to make sure they're closely matched before cranking it up!

Instead of this, I'd probably drive the whole RF-25 with one channel and the whole RB-25 with another, feeding the same signal to both amps. I'm assuming the sensitivity of the two speakers is similar.

Quote:
I would toe the RF-25s in just a hair and the RB-25s in a little more. This way, I am thinking I could widen the sweet spot for the stereo imaging a little bit. Anyone see any problems with this or have any input?
Yeah, that could work. You might want to experiment further with room placement too, in case this setup gives you diffraction effects. Sounds like fun.

-RM