Quote:
Originally posted by Lonster:
I have been following this thread since it started (as well as the other threads).
I would like to do the upgrade, but there are more mis-installs than there are first time successes (or second or third). I can live with my 990 the way it is, but why?
Why can't we get a reliable firmware upgrade?
Scott? Are you guys looking into why there are soo many attempted/failures with this?
I had planed on doing my upgrade in the next 2 weeks, as I will be rearranging my entire system, but am just so leery about having the same problems that others are having. If it goes wrong, my entire system, audio and video, will be worthless and unusable until it could be fixed. Everything relies on the 990 to work right. I don't want to have to deal with that scenario.

Lonster
I'm totally with you on this. I had said in earlier posts before the upgrade came out that I would wait as my experience with many upgrades in different products taught me to be cautious and patient. Plus there never was an indication you could revert to the old firmware if you weren't pleased witht he upgrade.

I am very pleased with the performance of my 990 with the old firmware but would like to try the new one particularly because of reports of improvement in sonic performance. I still can't bring myself to try it though due to the problems a number of people have indicated. I am also a bit disappointed by what seems to be a lack of response from the Outlaw gang in speaking to the problems people have encountered. C'mon guys you produce great products and we all have sung the praises of your customer service don't let us down now.

And I'm willing to listen if someone can convince me to try the upgrade.
Behringer A500
Samsung PN58A650, DirecTV HR-20 700
Sony CDP-545, Phillips CDR 765
Oppo BDP-93, Panasonic DMR E515
Technics SL-DL5
Squeezebox 3
Remote Harmony One