i did the upgrade today... and it went very smooth.. had a friend help me.. but it's really not very tough at all. The step by step instructions posted on this web site.. helps and walks you thru it all the way.

Anyhoo, i LOVE the DPLII movie and music smoothness now. before my front (LCR) soundstage was never very smooth when music or a movie would have left to right action.. or right to left action in it. You could always pick out each speaker. Now the front soundstage is very smooth and even. Panning from left to right or vice versa is where it should be.

The lip sync readout on the front wasn't a big upgrade for me really.. for those people who needed that feature, i can see where it would be helpful. In my case, I was able to see in on my TV (OSD).. and adjust it that way. So very minor upgrade there IMHO.

The problem I have encountered now is that when I do the Auto Set Up.. it will not complete it anymore.. it goes thru all the speakers and sets the delay.. and then trys to set the levels.. but once finished.. it says I because I have small fronts (which I don't, I have large towers) and large surrounds (here again, I have small surrounds).. it can't complete the set up process. and recommends I power it off and set the fronts and surround manually.. which i do. and try again. and still get that error message.

So i'm confused why it is saying I have small fronts and large surrounds.... which is wrong. I wonder if it's in the subwoofer I have choosen? I have FT+LFE

I will probably have to set up the levels manually i guess with the SPL meter. frown
Parasound P/HP-850 2 CH pre
Pioneer PL-530 TT
Polk Audio SDA 2B
NAD 2600A amp
Danger Boy here