Thanks for all your help fellow Outlaws!

Gonk, I finally got the new firmware installed via USB cable. Took a couple of tries and a bit of fiddling, got error codes, rebooted 990 then finally the loader program was recognized and the new firmware installed.

Cappra, Andrew. S, your right, you do have to follow the instructions very carefully, I actually missed a step the first go around as well and thats what caused the problem. Then when I retried, the part where you plug the USB cable in and the install window is supposed to pop up, it wouldn't. I tried several methods to get my laptop to recognize the new hardware (990) but to no avail.

I talked with Steve at Outlaw helpdesk and we thought the easiest way was to redownload the program on a fresh computer and try again ...very carefully. Seems you get one crack at it (probably is another way but my CPU skills are limited)- I ended up redownloading the firmware on my wife's laptop. Again after a couple of tries, voila - new firmware installed successfully.

Now to spend some time and see exactly what the new feature set includes and if there is a change in the way PL IIX Music sounds as I believe was previously reported on this thread .

Have a great weekend

Onix Rockets 850 Mains
RSC 200 Centre
RS 300 Surrounds
RK 250 Rears

Marantz DV 9500 DVD
Panasonic BD-55 Blu Ray Player
JVC RS 20 Projector
106" DaLite HP Screen

Outlaw Interconnects
Blue Jeans Cables