HDMI v1.2 was finalized and officially published last fall. HDMI v1.3 remains an uncertainty - I've seen unsubstantiated comments online indicating that it will appear anywhere from later this year to never (my best SWAG would be some time in 2007).

I don't know that I'd say there are "plenty" of HDMI pre/pros, v1.1 or otherwise. In fact, they remain quite rare. Look at the various players in the surround processor market today. Anthem doesn't have HDMI, although the Statement D2 will have it and there will apparently be an upgrade path for existing D1's and possibly even AVM30's. Lexicon doesn't have HDMI. Meridian doesn't have HDMI. Sunfire (including the clones from Sherbourn, Emotiva, etc.) doesn't have HDMI. B&K doesn't have HDMI. Rotel doesn't have HDMI. Adcom doesn't have HDMI. Parasound and Halo don't have HDMI. NAD doesn't have HDMI. Fosgate Audionics doesn't have HDMI. Sherwood (including clones and cousins from BA and Outlaw) doesn't have HDMI. Classe doesn't have HDMI. Klipsch Aragon doesn't have HDMI. Cary Audio doesn't have HDMI. Integra Research does offer an HDMI module for the RDC-7.1 if you are ready to spend $5,000+. I'm probably missing a few names in that list, and of course I'm not listing receivers with HDMI (of which there are a growing number, including three units from Denon and two from Pioneer). Even factoring in the receivers, though, we're still a long way from plenty. I think it'll take at least 18 to 24 months after HD-DVD and Blu-ray launch for there to be an appreciable number of HDMI surround processors - the development cycles on them are too long to let something as complex as HDMI work its way in quickly, especially with the turmoil and uncertainty surrounding the lead-up to this new format war. After all, that uncertainty has to have kept most SSP companies (typically smaller outfits with less R&D depth to spare) from investing too much in the way of time and resources into developing hardware and software around a moving target.