Hello from one of your newby members. Please forgive me if this post turns out to contain previously covered ground. (I didn't see similar topics on quick perusal of the threads).

These are some ideas for a "wish list", should such a thing exist or be viable for possible future updates on the 990, which I've had a chance to play with for the past 5-6 days:

1) Each input configuration should have an option to default the surround mode to "last", the last setting used, much like startup volume can be set to "last" or an arbitrary value.

2) I'd like to have the ability to make slight changes in configuration..."trim" output levels if you will, that are mode specific rather than just global. For example, it might be nice to be able to tweak up the side levels on PLII movie mode, but revert to their usual global settings with other modes.

3) I'd like to see the addition of a very subtle loudness contour that would augment low and mid bass at low listening levels. These can produce horrible results if not done properly, but I trust Outlaw would do it right.

4) I'd like to see a variable delay of the surround speakers, particularly the rear surrounds, that can be set on a mode specific basis in order to make the room sound larger on certain types of material.

5) I'd like to have the ability to roll of the high end of the surround channels at variable frequencies, again on mode specific basis. I think certain recordings and movies sound overly bright in the surround channels. All one can do about it at this time is to globally "trim" down the volume of those channels.

Have any of these ideas been batted around? Any plans to implement any of them in forthcoming upgrades?

BTW... I hope the above are taken as suggestions, not complaints. I think the C.S of Outlaw has been top notch and I think the 990 is a lot of bang for the dollar. I also think it can be further enhanced.

Thanks,
Michael