Since the 1.6's came up in this thread I'll throw my two cents in. I just sold mine not long ago and had them in my system for a couple of years. I drove them with my Outlaw Model-755 and it worked great. I see you guys are discussing allot of other amps, but I have to tell you the 755 is one killer amp, and I've owned a bunch.

Over the years I've come to realize that amplifers sound more alike then just about any other component IMO. I've heard drastic differences in pre-amps, CDP's, DVDP's, but most well built amps were fairly similar.

As someone mentioned the Maggies are a true 4 Ohm speaker, but it's a consistant 4 Ohms, so they really don't present a problem to a good amp. However, they are fairly inefficient and I think this is why a amp with allot of current works best with these speakers. Especially to pull the bass out. And yes, the 1.6's do have some bass capability contrary to popular belief. It's not all that extended, but what is there is articulate and beautiful. Never heard a stand up bass sound better then with the Maggies.

Best sound I've ever heard was a pair of 3.6's with all AR equipment (Acoustic Research).

Bryston would be an excellent match for the Maggies, no doubt in my mind, but I have to wonder if the differenc between this and the Outlaw would be noticable.

Duno.