I'm picking up a 7100 and currently I have an APC 1100VA UPS protecting everything in my home theater. Why is posted below, but ultimately, is this a bad idea?

Thanks.

-- Res

I picked it up when I got a RPTV because my area seems prone to terrifying lightning storms. I've had it there a over a year now and except for generating a nasty buzzing sound in the audio when the power goes out it doesn't seem to be hurting anything. As a note, I don't leave things on in battery mode, I immediately shut down and unplug. I often do that before the power goes out if I think it's pretty likely.

As the system incorporates higher end equipment like the Outlaw, I want to make sure I'm not risking damaging anything or introducing a bunch of noise into the system. I have some flickering in the video I recently noticed that I can see when the screen is mostly black. It is particularly visible during the credits for the LOTR. I have not figured out the source yet and I'm planning to try without the APC in circuit and see it thats the source.