Well, I have to break my own word. Since that post was directed ONLY to me, I guess I need to respond.

To Peter Tribeman:

If you will look back at some of my other posts, you might see I understand more than some here about the complications you are facing. My hypothetical "we need to give Outlaw the benefit of the doubt" post outlined some probably true, some probably not true, potential problems you are facing. I certainly don't question your desire or ability to attack this problem, nor have I ever attacked or misrepresented the past performance of Outlaw. You have more money of mine in your pocket than from just a 990 wink . Most of all...to the best of my knowledge I am not hindering your ability to accomplish this task. I will "let you get your job done" as I always have, by being 1500 miles away from you.

In the course of this issue, several persons have emailed me to continue discussions further. It is evident after reading some messages that some of these people have been given the wrong information. Not only that, but they are wondering how to get around the issue, what the impacts might be, etc.
My last post (regardless of how you interpret it) is not an attack on Outlaw over this issue. It is an expression of surprise that some potential buyers are willing to spend even more money than the initial outlay for the 990, just to make it work right (such as the gentleman looking into a powered sub to get an internal crossover). None of that is needed, as the 990 will eventually be fixed to work as intended. As tough as it is on your sales; prudent buyers should wait until the issue is fixed before plunking down their money and making due, IMHO. It could be argued that Outlaw's stellar reputation would be better served, Mr. Tribeman, were Outlaw to fully list the problems and not distribute more units until a fix is implemented. Some would construe acting otherwise to be..lets say...uncaring.

For your future benefit, here are some tidbits a person with your distinquished position MAY not know regarding this whole process.

Not once...ever...has anyone contacted me to discuss my problems with the product. I would have at least thought to call the rabble-rouser and get the skinny straight up, maybe even prove him wrong. Has not happened yet, and now it won't do any good.

My service ticket was closed WITHIN MINUTES of activation when I reported my issues. No exploration, no investigation, no confirmation.

To all the Outlaw out there, continue enjoying your products. Outlaw distributes a good product at a fair price. There is great value in what they are attempting to do. As for me, I believe my time here is at an end. You will now be getting my unit back, and I will vacate your cyber premisis for good. If that was your intention by excluding me from the customers whose reaction you valued, I am now more than happy to oblige. I guess the answer is you lose a few potential customers like me and it's no big deal in the online retail market I suppose. I would beg to differ.

Eric Dotseth (AKA The Capt.)

(singled out as) President,

My 990 don't work right club.
Pioneer DV578A (SACD,DVD-A)
Monster HT3500MKII
X Box, Samsung HLN-4667W
Energy C-9 (mains)
Energy C-C1 (center)
Proficient C645 (surr)
Hsu VTF2MKII Sub