Here is the thing, I use 100hz xovers on my rear speakers, LFE sometimes goes quite high as well. Because of these 2 reasons, I would have to either leave my sub xover off (as I want it) or set it to some value greater than 100hz. If I don't, material will be lost. Now, with my mains being set to 40hz (or large for that matter), and a full range signal signal going to the sub, things ain't kosher. Meaning, the ever evil double bass issue. So, I guess I could reach in the back of my sub, and using a mirror, re-adjust the sub each time, no?
I understand the "workaround" statement was meant as a "better than nuthin" temporary bandaid, but I just need to say that it isn't really a fix, per say, just better than nuthin is all.
Now, I believe the outlaws when they say a fix is coming. Actually, I hope they are working on a good autoeq as well; maybe fix the stupid lack of current mode display and add ability to REALLY set a default mode depending on input type. Hell, they might even fix the 7.1 input so it can bypass A/D/A, while allowing the other inputs to have digital multi xover (sort of like the 970). Maybe they are working on a surprize that I hadn't thought of! I think these things might be in the works...I only hope this issue, and the inpatience of some (and, I suppose a understandable impatience, not having the faith that I do) doesn't leave us with a update that leaves out plans that were originally on the table, so as to get the fix out to stop the noise on the board. Of course, it could be argued that the noise here is the only reason that it is getting a fix at all...hard to say. Anyhow, thanks everyone for all the tests that I hadn't had time to do (I just listen and say "now, that ain't right, should I throw more money at the system honey?") And hope this all wraps up nicely soon enough...