Thanks Capt. and gonk.

Gonk - what you've said would seem to make sense to me (limited understanding that I may have).

If BM is achieved only with digital signal processing, then it makes sense that in analog bypass mode - when I believe one of the primary intentions is to have a non-digitized, analog signal straight to the amp/speakers - then determining what part of the signal goes to the sub would seem not do-able. Hence the need for a sub that itself has a configurable crossover (didn't realize that existed, and my current sub certainly can't do that, so looks like I'll have to factor the cost of a new sub into the purchase of a 990 if I went this route, since I do not currently have full-range speakers, and as stated my primary use for audio would be analog-bypass in order to use my non-OS DAC).

If you guys have had the patience to read through all that, please let me know if my understaning is correct. Advice on how to proceed wouldn't hurt any either, since my developing understanding inclines me to think this isn't an "outlaw-only" issue, but that I'll find the same anywhere I look (a basic technology issue?).

Any chance someone from Outlaw can chime in on that?

Thanks!