OK...

One thing I cannot help but notice is the great deal of confusion about the various modes and subtleties of the 990's bass management (i.e. S/PDIF / TOSLINK / 2-ch analog / 7 ch analog depending on large / small / sub etc).

So, just to take everyone's pulse on this, Here goes:

How many of you (sorry, us) think it would be a good idea for the Outlaws to do something as simple as a Microsoft Excel workbook, wherein each sheet describes what happens to what input as a consequence of setttings?

Granted, this seems like a lot of work, but my belief is that once done, a simple reference point would be available for us all, and we would know what to expect. It would also serve as a nice template to cross reference when the update (whenevr that arrives) comes out.

My guess is that much of the frustration and consternation expressed here is due to the 'unpleasant surprise' factor, and I suspect that the Outlaws would concede that they'd field less anxious complaints if users knew up front exactly how, and under all forseeable I/O configs (inupt mapping vs / in conjunction with size and sub settings as well as modes (bypass, stereo, upsample)), things were going to operate.

Again, maybe I'm nuts, but my take is that I would rather have a tabular summary (again, via something as simple as Excel sheets in a workbook) than pouring through thread after thread, trying to interpret what has been said / observe what has been corrected in wirtten form.

Who would like a complete tabular summary from The Outlaws for their 990? A quick show of hands please...

Mark