Quote:
Originally posted by Alejate:
I don't understand why the 990 does not have a memory for each input.
This echoes my comment in my other post regarding bass management where I suggested explicit controls over bass management mode per input are a desired feature by the more sophisticated users.

To cover different kinds of users, a potential solution would be to have a global setting that is applied as a default to all inputs, and a per-input override. That way users with simple requirements can configure the global settings, and users with more sophisticated requirements can go into each input and configure those.

As for the trim settings, my reading of the manual suggests that the intent was to modify the settings for a particular program:

Quote:
Channel Trim allows you to fine-tune the channel levels to compensate for various soundtrack anomalies.
If this is the intent, the feature would be better named "Soundtrack Trim" and it would make sense to revert to the original settings at the conclusion of the program, and I would view power down as satisfying that criterion.

Having channel trim stick forever when this is the intended usage certainly makes the feature harder to use.

I would like to see the following:

Global settings : Permanent
Settings per input : Permanent
Program trim : Temporary