Wouldn't bi-wiring to a speaker with a passive crossover network inside of it work out to be the same or similar to simply running a larger diameter cable between the amp and speaker? If this is true (just asking) then wouldn't the end result be less resistance on the wire? And isn't this a good thing?

I seem to remember reading a Canare, I believe that it was Canare, blurb about their 4S11 wire stating that each of the four strands was 14 awg and that if you were to attach two of those strands each to the positive and negative terminals on the speaker, then you would effectively have an 11 awg speaker wire. Would this not be an advantage to bi-wiring?

Jeff
LR: ARC Reference 1 | Emotiva XPR-2 | Music Hall MMF2.2 | Oppo BDP-83SE | Polk XRt12 XM Receiver | Emotiva XDA-1 DAC | Sony HAP-S1 (digital audio player) | Sansui TU-217 Tuner | Magnepan 3.6R w/Mye-Stands | SVS SB-16 sub | BA VR-M90s | Audio Quest 72db speaker cable
Office: Drobo 5N running as PLEX media server
Closet: too many pieces to put all into place, I need more rooms smile