Wayne,

I'm glad you like your system. However, I also think I have a pretty good idea of what "good sound" sounds like, not only as a professional engineer and musician, but also as a consumer. I simply disagree with your assessment that THX certification is any indicator of overall quality of sound reproduction. It clearly isn't. Go to your neighborhood Best Buy or Circuit City or other electronics superstore and look at some of the utter rubbish that has the THX logo emblazoned on it. And if you're in the mood to challenge your perceptions, give some of that equipment a listen.

Now I'm not saying that all THX equipment is crap. That's obviously not the case either since some manufacturers who I respect and whose gear I have listened to does sound great. But that's because those companies make great equipment in general, not because it has passed some muster with THX certification.

So please don't think this is any personal affront to you. I'm simply sharing my opinion, which is what this board is for.

Best regards,