Quote:
Originally posted by ratpack:
obie: you seem to have a very good understanding of the technology and how it is used?
Thanks but trust me I'm as clueless as the next guy. smile
Quote:

The problem with this audio technology is that it is like computer technology. You have to make a decision as to when you get off the train and commit to a decision. When you get off the train, it leaves, and goes on to another station. Whether it is HDMI 1.0 or 1.1 or 1.2 or X.X or some other technology, it will be superceded by something else in time.
Very true, good analogy.
Quote:

I really think that Outlaw made a bad decision. They should have gone with HDMI.
I can't really agree with this. First when you say HDMI do you mean switching or inputs? If switching then yea it's a slight marketing coup. If you mean HDMI input do you think Outlaw should have just sat on the 950 until they had a "real" HDMI Pre/Pro ready? Keep in mind this may be a year or more away.
Quote:

There is another variation of this option and that is to have removable/ replacable circuit cards. One of the receiver manufacturers is currently doing that. That would be a slick solution. But, it does require that you give a lot of thought to your inputs and outputs, and software.
For a number of reasons this just hasn't worked in the A/V CE world.