IT seems to me that Outlaw would have avoided a huge amount of controversy if they would have included "Video Only" HDMI instead of DVI (which of course is video only by design). In that way nobody could complain it does not have HDMI switching, it looks more current in the specs, and people with DVI would have to buy the adapter not the other way around (which is as it should be since its the older standard). By not trying to include audio in the HDMI connector you would not have to be concerned about the changing standard. In addition the price of implementing it would be the same. I fail to see why they chose DVI versus HDMI(video only). I completely understand why you would choose NOT to include audio since the standards have not been defined for HDDVD or BlueRay or next generation audio CD audio transport. Regardless, I find myself like most people using the TVs digital inputs and if they run out I would get an autosense switch. Two are not many inputs and you will most likely need an external solution regardless.