I'll bite on that semi inflamatory post. It is NOT about bragging rights.

It is partially about being able to run one cable between the device and Pre-Pro. I'm not concerned about that audio getting to the TV. It is pobably moreso about decisions made. Meaning I made a conscious decision when purchasing my display and DVD player that HDMI was the way I wanted to go. Right, wrong or indifferent that was the decision made.

Wouldn't it be just as easy for DVI users to use a DVI-HDMI cable?

Your point is well taken that the HDMI standard is a moving target. Do we actually have any guarentees that a hypothetical HDMI 1.3 will actually still work with current DVI for video? (Although I agree that it probably would) Personally I would have been very happy with the "current" generation of HDMI, which passes DD and DTS signals also.

It doesn't really appear to be whining. I asked a simple question, what are the chances of this happeneing. It was not intended to be a huge philosophical debate.

Personally I think that the 990 is still the processor to beat. My main concern was passing Blacker Than Black. Gonk and PodBoy set me straight on that.

Thanks all for your facts and opinions. Isn't life great. We get to debate such trivial things.

Charlie,

PS... What is holding me back is my impending wedding and the fact that all funds are going with us to Nappa, Sonoma and Oahu!