Rat - That is pretty much the Pre/Pro I want too.

Having said that, point me to another HDMI 1.1 Pre/Pro and I'll buy it. Outlaw has said the interface isn't ready and I agree. Several 1.1 receivers have been announced but I don't believe any are actually shipping, not to mention the lack of 1.1 sources available at this time.

The only Pre/Pro with HDMI 1.1 that I have even heard about at this point is the Anthem. I'm sure others will be announced at CEDIA but announcing and shipping products are two very different things. What happens when HDMI "1.2" is approved and the new Hi-Res versions of DD and DTS show up? There’s no guarantee that these 1.1 machines will be able to be upgraded with firmware to accommodate the new standards.

I have no doubt Outlaw and others will eventually have a HDMI Pre/Pro, but suspect it is a ways off yet. If you view the 990 as a very nice update to the 950 and an interim processor until the “real HDMI” processors get here I think it is hardly a “mistake”. Now if only they would have put a Firewire interface on the 990. smile