JohnW
The CC2 is the best I have tried so far, the problem is the mid-bass 160hz (actually I xover at 200hz) is not a good place to send to your sub, it sounds awful if you try it like that I use the ICBM magnapan (which means the center channel xover is doubled, 100hz is really 200hz) in recombine mode. I have a 3 way DEQX xover for my 20.0, and take the low end and drive it through the "mains" input, and hook the center input to the 990 center out, then the ICBM center out to my center amp. Set to recombine. Don't use the sub out. What happens is the 200hz and below from the center gats split betweeen the mains signal out to my bass panels. In your situation, I would use the 990 sub out to your sub, and set the center xover to whatever the MAINS are xovered at. Of course set the mains and sides as normal (perhaps 60/80hz?). Now the center isn't limited by it's lowend response, esentially you have triamped center, with the cc2 at the top, the mains as midbass, and sub as bottom. Of course you could plug in your rears into the ICBM as well, and that will shift some bass to the frount. Still, use the same sub stting as your mains in theis case. The CC3 has a different design in that the middle is flattened, to allow 80hz xover, but I prefer a full curved panel as in the cc2. BTW, I understand magnapan is coming out with a new center speaker based on the 20.1 I think I will be taking one...
As far as subs go, I am using the HSU VTF3 (series 1), it's pretty good. I am thinking about STS cylinders, like the "ultra" in stereo; it has a aluminum cone with kevlar spider. Also, the 20.0 is bi-amped, I am considering tri-amped with stereo subs (quad amped), will be using the 2nd ICBM to split the very bottom again...