Working in a mass market retailer, I'll tell you straight away, that given the current trends DVD-Audio will win the format war. It's not a matter of software, the number of titles, or the marketing. The problem is purchasing a mass-market grade SACD player. In my store a customer is unable to purchase a player that will play SACDs for less than $159.00, while the same customer is able to get a comparativly similar player that will play DVD-A for only $89.00. Knowing that and knowing how many hundreds of DVD players we sell daily, it is obvious to me that SACD will have a tough time. Furthermore, even though Pioneer has released its universal player, other manufacturers seem unwilling to pay the sony royalty for SACD. I have done some research and it seems that Sony owes Pioneer for some technologies that were licensed in the past, and therefore Pioneer is able to get a SACD license at a discounted rate (hence the <$200 universal). Yes, DVD-A discs cost more, and there are not as many available as SACD, but the player end is where the business is conducted for the majority of custoemrs, and therefore SACD is in a bad spot.