Here's what Arcam thinks in response to a mail I sent them>

I was thinking of buying a DV27A, but it doesn't seem to support SACD for
some reason. Is this true, and is there any reason for the omission?
BR
Phil
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear Phil,

This is completely true Arcam as a company does not support SACD and we have no intention of doing so. We have given 100% commitment to DVD-A not only because it is a faster growing format and that every music company except sony has committed to DVD-A, we also feel it has much more potential in the market place as the format that finally topples the mighty CD from the top spot will not be another CD format it will be DVD based. Not that I am saying this will be the current DVD-A but it will be a relative of it. Another CD based format cannot win this war as allot of budget manufacturers are dropping CD players from their ranges and producing DVD players only. We just feel that SACD was defeated before it had started and although it is a good format and there are people that enjoy it it is a fact that DVD-A is out selling it by 10 - 1 and when we produced a survey of our customers we found that 79% wanted DVD-A, 10% wanted SACD and 11% were not interested and that was the basis of it all.
I hope this sheds some light on it.

Regards
> Matt Frost
> Customer Support
>
> Tel:+ 44 (0) 1223 203 203
> Fax: +44 (0) 1223 863 384
>
> Arcam
> Pembroke Avenue
> Waterbeach
> Cambridge