Gonk, thank you for letting me abuse your valuable time on topics I should (and normally) spend my own time researching. (how cameras plug-in to whatever). One: I appreciate SO much you clarifying that the camera will interface with the recorder (one way or the other). But GOSH, how utterly depressing this whole subject is.. Illustrating the boat future consumers will find themselves in for a long while. COOL , I’ve got that DVI thingy….Oh ….I don’t have it on anything else to hook it up too. Oh but I have firewire on THIS, …oh well don’t own anything else with firewire on it either. …but maybe I can plug this ole RGB termination into something!!!!.

I’ve still got my lonely DVI input unused on my Sony LCD, since I returned the HD200, -(one reason I’m itching for the Bravo D1 demo).
It’s really far too ridiculous. I had to convince the GF, that just because she bought a display that was HD capable, did not mean she owned a DIGITAL input/output display. She got very indignant and wanted to know why the Electronics salespeople are not explaining this all more thoroughly to lay people during current purchases.

She really was incensed when she found out the new HD is not capable of any kind of future straight digital path connectivity. (She vaguely assumed the label “HD capable” sounding like the latest greatest to her, - meant next several years digital products would be compatible) If their current purchase stays for years…..she might be forced to the Promise module upgrade, depending on what comes down the pike via broadcasters in connection with the new CP flags. Oh well.

Yes Bruin, unfortunately it’s the MITWS65311, you have to ADD the upgrade for a paltry 1000 dollars!

PS. She called me Saturday while crunched up behind her new display, (I had family member in hosp) could not go to the ranch this last weekend. And we got her 2 remote speakers back on line., via me and the OUTLAW tech support! BIG THANKS TO ALL THE OUTLAWS who helped salvage her bleeding eardrums!!!! Sadly I could not walk her through reconnecting her OTA feed, she was having trouble understanding me on that topic. The ‘highly trained’ delivery crew, dropped off the display leaving the old one sitting there, and ONLY hooked up their satellite feed. Leaving the few other items they had - remote speakers/VHS/OTA channels unconnected. She called me this AM and told me she stopped back in at her point of purchase. (She got a 48.00 credit towards a future purchase, after informing the manager she was not pleased with her 100 dollar ‘professional’ setup delivery fee after having to call a GIRL to find out how to hook the speakers back up when the setup crew stated it couldn’t be done!) Again THANK you guys!