Coming off a Lexicon MC-1 Pre/Amp.... Just received my 990 today... Setup was an absolute snap... Took me approx. 30 minutes to unhook all of my Lexicon wires as well as re-direct all video sources from my Inday switcher to the 990... OSD via the S-Video display was straight forward and easy... Setup all sources within 1 minute... I must admit, I have not even read the manual yet, so I’m sure more complex setup is in store.... I setup all speakers to small, and crossover to 80Hz across all 7 channels....

As far as gear I’m using Paradigm Studio 100's for mains ver3, Studio CC for center, Studio ADP's for sides, and Studio 20's for rears...Subwoofer is an SVS Ultra SS… Amp is Outlaw 770... DVD is Panasonic RP-91.. Projector is Marantz VP12 S3 with Hd2+…

I have listened to this unit for approx 1 hour so there will be more to come....

I'm extremely impressed at the video switching.. Video looks better than my Inday switcher.... Shaper, more detailed image.... Not by much, but an improvement.... I was watching Discovery HD Theater and they had one of those blue and black frogs.. I can't remember my image looking any better.......

I always found the Outlaw 950 to be Neutral sounding… My Lexicon MC1 was warmer and more precise with imaging and had a larger front sound stage to my ears….. I say without question, this 990 is as good, or better than Lexicon sound…..

My first audio demo was Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones… That initial SW opening crawl with the John Williams score is always my personal first test for any new audio gear…. The front soundstage on this piece (990) is just enormous… Front Soundstage imaging from the 990 was exceptional, and more detailed than my MC-1…. My front stage has never seemed so big and wide…… Sound panning from speaker to speaker is also flawless……. Natural sounding and lifelike…. Bass effects low coming from my sub seem much more detailed, and the upper range bass freq above 80hz from my Paradigms also seem tighter….

Remote control is easy to use, and bright blue keys illuminate…. I have so much more to setup and try….

Highly, highly recommended…

Thank You,
Steven Simon
WWW.HomeTheaterForum.Com
Administration