Best friend just had a Mitsy delivered 65 RP, replaced some VERY FIRST generation, (what you ma call it) I can’t remember and she can’t either or I’d look the OLD model up on the web to see what its connection options were.

She IS NOT into AV but is a smart cookie trying to grasp it. She’s ticked because the delivery guys came 3 hrs earlier than planned when she and her husband were both out. The Cowboy in residence let them in. And the Delivery crew left without (1) removing the old giant bigscreen per order instructions. (just left it sitting to the side in their LR) And (2) left either one or two(shes not sure of the #) speaker not connected to the new unit.

Delivery guys told the cowboy …tell homeowners, - they need a receiver to hook the speaker back up, and we can’t hook it to the new display.

I’m trying to help her via phone, she’s in town for the week and will not be out there to describe to me what the old unit had on the back for connectivity. (and states she does not know how it was 'wired' orginally. Just an OLD big screen she can’t think what the brand is.

She swears they NEVER had a receiver set up to run the one (or two) speakers.

I’m trying to explain to her that speakers USUALLY do terminate in bare wire or spades etc. Via a receiver. Speakers don’t come with RCA interconnects wired (do they?) to go directly into audio output on a display, so something unfamilar (to me) is going on, I not visualising how the display audio could have orginaly been run to extenal speakers.

Any one familiar with what could be going on?

I’m trying to sort a shopping list to order for a wedding present for them, some decent quality interconnects VS the cheapies included in the box for their audio/video. A DVD player etc. But can’t comprehend how the old speaker(S) set up via the old display, to help them sort connecting the new display. It would be much better if I could figure it out in advance and carry all wedding AV presents and connections I need to rig it all, - during one trip. (it's a 2hr drive).
Any thoughts on the subject?

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited July 08, 2003).]