Quote:
Originally posted by Jason J:
I guess I should've said that you end up with more decisions depending on how high in price you're willing to go. Jeff, I do agree that plasma technology is improving, sort of like projector technology, so waiting to see the "next big step" is probably a good thing.

I live in one of those NYC apartments so plasma does become an option for me. If you have a larger, dedicated home theater space, hovever, projectors are definitely the only way to go. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in my first post.

So it seems like we're in violent agreement.

Yes, if space is a premium then Plasma or LCD is definitely the way to go, and front projectors are definitely not an option. And since the quality of plasma is increasing and the prices are decreasing, it's only a matter of time before plasma really takes off.

I might actually be interested in a plasma set in my apartment (it's larger than the typical NYC apartment, but it still ain't huge) but I'd still have the problem of an enormous Middle Atlantic rack next to it, so much of the space-saving benefits of plasma would be lost.

I really need to get a house. It's scary, but right now I'm looking at a house as a really expensive home theater upgrade.

Jeff