Quote:
Originally posted by Oil Can:
:rolleyes: I’m sorry if this post offends some folks, but here goes. The subject of this thread is one of the greatest non-issues I have ever seen on this forum. Components don’t always match, even from the same manufacturer, but it doesn’t matter. All of you should be happy that all of the Outlaw components are at least black. The thing that matters most is performance, and for the money the Outlaw’s win, hands down. If the aesthetics are a problem than there are a number of options available to you. Audio furniture with frosted glass doors, perforated metal doors, or place the components in a closet. If those options are not good enough, buy something else. Most audio racks contain components from various companies, and they don’t match. Sometimes there not even the same color, let alone the fact that graphically they are different. As the Don Henley song goes, “ Get over it”. :rolleyes:
First your probably right. I guess I may just be a little more shallow then I thought. But to say aesthetic shouldn’t matter is a stretch. Would you buy a outlaw amp if they sold them in bright pink?

The problem is that the amp maybe around longer then the 990. I almost want to be more happy with the amp then with the pre/pro.

As much as I kind of dug the original design of the 950 and the outlaw amps, I have to be honest.
The green button and green writing is something I find less then attractive (ducking under my desk). Especially since I saw the new amp design and the 990. It not a matter of matching as much as I really like the new design.

Besides Outlaw themselves are changing their designs, not me.