Larry:

I am not saying you are wrong, but I can't find any description of the 1050 working this way in my owners manual. Perhaps I need to reread it more carefully. If you can point us to some more specifics that would be appreciated. In either case, it would seem what you have suggested is potentially even a more elegant solution to the problem that potentially should be documented in the manual or elsewhere.

If I summarize your point then (please correct me if I have misunderstood), one would set the 1050 to no sub, set the fronts to large and set the surrounds to small at 100hz (using the prior example) and set the appropriate xover point. Per your note, this would direct the LFE signal plus the surround signals below the xover point to the fronts.

One could then take the front line or speaker outputs from the 1050 run them to the sub and then have the subs xover set at whatever point worked best with the fronts (say 60Hz) using our previous example. This would eliminate the hipass xover problems that would potentially invalidate the prior example.

In my case where I run a separate power amp for the fronts, I would use feed the subs hipass line outs into my power amp and from there go the fronts.

The only potential downside, if this works is in the case where someone was just using the 1050, they would use use the 1050's front speaker outs to feed the sub. In this case, I would assume that a much larger load is being put on the 1050's amps, which would detract from its ability to power the other channels. Is this correct?

[This message has been edited by 73Bruin (edited June 18, 2003).]
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra