Curtis:

I wasn't thinking that the 1050 would send the signal from 60 to 100 to the fronts. I assumed that since you had the fronts set to large that they would get a complete signal. I further assumed that setting the 1050 to 100 (my example) for the speakers set to small would result in the 1050 adding the portions of all but the front speakers below 100 with whatever LFE signal was present.

The result would be that you would feed the sub both your front signals (via the speaker level inputs) and the line in (lfe and surround from the 1050).

My question about the hi-pass being set at 60hz had to do with what the sub would do with both signals and this setting, which is what you need for your fronts. As I have thought about this a little more I see there being three possibilities (ignoring x-over curves) which I have listed in order of probability. Note: In all three cases, the sub would play the portion of the front signal under 60hz and send the fronts the portion of the speaker signal over 60.

1) The sub would drop the line in over 60hz because of the hi-pass setting. This seems to tie to my untested recollection of what happens on my velodyne when I play with the hi-pass setting.

2) In addition to the under 60hz signal from the fronts, the sub would play the entire signal from the line in.

3) The sub would play only signals under 60hz. Line in signal between 60 and 100hz would get sent over the speaker out to the fronts. However, this would be an unamplified signal and be lost.

Consequently, I see only the 2nd as having a solid benefit. Either the first or the third would result no benefit.

[This message has been edited by 73Bruin (edited June 18, 2003).]
Velodyne Servo FX-1200
LG OLED65C8PUA via HDMI2 to/from 976 HDMI ARC
Roku Ultra
Samsung BD-D5500 BluRay
Amazon FireStick 4K to 976 Aux HDMI input for Amazon Music Ultra