Travk13, I agree about the competition. Its great for us. The ATI looks interesting. I know AV123 is building an EMO Light but won't be due out till probably next summer at the earliest. I happen to be a loyal Outlaw and a loyal AV123er. Although I sincerely want both companies to succeed, I am not actively looking to hurt or help sales for either, I just want the best pre/pro for me. There are a lot of things I really like about the 990 and there are others I don't. Sonically it is good, better than I expected actually, but until I hear the UL I have nothing to really compare it to. Right now I would be more than satisfied with the 990 as a HT processor if it wasn't for the size. I almost passed on buying it because of that, but I am glad I changed my mind. In reality, I am so pleased with the 990 I could just pass on trying out the UL's and be happy, but since I have such a great respect for the Outlaws, particularly Scott Jackson, and the AV123 guys I want to be fair to both. May the best pre/pro (for me) win.