You raise some good questions, and I will contact the folks at Adire Audio to make sure that the sub will handle this setup.

I did audition a small Velo sub prior to building my current one, and I seem to recall the manual saying not to use both line and speaker level inputs at the same time (although this method was suggested to me by Outlaw tech support when I asked whether line level or speaker inputs were superior). You should check Velo's tech support because the model I auditioned was at the low end of their product line so perhaps they won't frown on this scheme with your sub.

As far as the coordination of the multiple x-overs, I don't currently have a center channel and use phantom mode for HT viewing, so I am assuming that the 1050 is already extrapolating the center channel to the mains, which will receive the full range signal.

As far as the potential missing signal from the rear surrounds (i.e. the gap between 60 and 100 in your example) - I'm not sure if the 1050 will redirect this to the mains, although I am assuming that it will (Outlaw's - any help here?). Even if this does not happen, I feel that losing some low end from the rear surrounds will be better than overdriving them as happens now.

Thanks for the replies - I had a feeling that y'all would raise some questions that I had not considered. I'll post a note when I hear from Adire about hooking up their sub-amp in this fashion.