they really put thought into their products .. the 2 channel sub offset is a great idea !!!!!!! theater soundtracks you want big bottom but stereo clean and pure .. nice touch outlaw .. phono input big plus .. video upconversion all across nice ... dual sub out great .. no more y .. i think this 990 will really hurt anthem cary ead .. etc .. yes you may have some difference in sound etc but not 1000 to 4000 $ differences .. ATI has the 8500 for like 3500$ with lcd display on unit that shows what you are watching.. or sending to your monitor .. nice feature and with ATI sound quality and warranty that is the only other unit i would go for but there is a little more than 2000 $ diff ... outlaw you win hands down in the prepro bang for buck area .. most large manufacturers dont even make prepro any more ..a shame .. recievers ..well you tell me when the value of a unit goes down 30 to 50 % when next years model comes out how well built is it .. AMPS hardly lose value .. adcom ati outlaw any they stay at a level cost even up to 20 30 years .. original adcom 555 and 545 are still going 200 (545) to 600 (555) and they are 20 years old .. !! well i m getting into a whole nother subject so i'll leave saying outlaw is the real deal with a price that wont make ya keel ..